Sources that I am going to use

I am going to use mostly the following:


- Internet // Manga Websites, Manga Popularity Charts, Most Popular Mangakas etc.
* Search 'manga', 'manga popularity', 'manga ranking/ranks' and others.

- Books // Manga I have in my house (FullMetal Alchemist, Bleach, Pokemon Special, Naruto etc) and Manga Sources/Pages Online (OneManga, MangaFox, MangaHut etc) and also Manga Art Books.

- People // Interviews (People I know- Rookie Mangakas/In Training etc) and Surveys ( Make people=classmates read a chapter and see why they liked it and/or make people that reads *is a fan of* Naruto and/or other manga tell by interviews why they like to read it OPTIONAL/why they became a fan and also survey if people know this manga and what is the best known like Naruto, Bleach etc)

={PEOPLE ARE: Y8.5 Classmates that know manga or not, people I know that are manga maniac/fans in the internet- for example, forums and gatherings. Google- searches about 'manga', 'manga popularity' and others} I WILL ADD MORE LATER FOR THE SITES I AM GOING TO USE.

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Learning Journal Part 2

Today morning, I had finished off some of my surveys and research. I have found out these things:

- Naruto is most famous for its unique ninja storyline and has typical shounen manga attributes. It is also famous for Uchiha Sasuke, the most popular character in this generation of manga (emo-boy style)
- Bleach is most famous for its action scenes and fast-paced action, plot and story.
- One Piece is most famous for its humour and unique art style. It is ranked first in Japan- the most popular, while Naruto is the most popular in the US (worldwide)

I have also done these steps-

1. RESEARCH (POPULARITY OF MANGA
Ask people around if they know this manga-
Ask people what they think of it (without telling them the ranking)-
Sort out this data/survey and make a graph
2. RESEARCH (plot/storyline of the most popular manga/ranked 10 and up)-
Read summaries of them-
Tell other people these summaries and pick best one/two3.
3. RESEARCH (What manga do people already know?)-
Ask people what manga they already know about- Where they heard about it
4. RESEARCH (Fanfiction, Fanart etc)- Go to major fanfiction sites and major fanart sites- Check how much there is and check the content (PAIRING BASED, HUMOUR BASED, CHARACTER BASED)
5. RESEARCH (Do characters affect it?)
- Show pictures of most popular characters to people who never seen the manga/type of manga
- Survey which is the most prettiest/hottest/handsome

6. RESEARCH (Main Reason WHY it is popular; Professional, Fan-based, Fans)
- Search on Google on 'Why is _____ so popular?'

7. SORT OUT (Surveys)- Sort out, Make neater; Surveys

8. OPINION (Write my own opinion on manga and why it is popular)
- I think that... (Mangas are popular because
9. OPINION (Write my own opinion from the fact I read about)- Why I think this manga is the most popular, why this manga is not popular but has good art styles (like Kurozakuro)


In the end (?) - Make a design/manga plan (name) that would be popular and annotate why. PAIRING MANGA, SCI-FI, HORROR etc .

--------------------------------------------------

I am not going to make an essay at the end of the project- I will work on making the characters and creating the manga with annotations. I will make the 1st chapter and the cover and maybe if I have time (since most mangas have about 40 pages for the 1st chapter) I will do the 2nd chapter. I will not do no.4 and 5 research and no. 8 and 9. I will not do these because they will take too much of the time left and it is quite a large area to cover. On monday, I will have to do/finish my manga in the first 3 sessions so I will have to work harder on my finished project. I do not think I also have time left to do my opinion part.

No comments:

Post a Comment